Re: ULTRATITLE Rd. 3 Br. 3+4 Unofficial Post-RP Predictions Thread!
Since I seem to be at the center of the controversy here (Bloxham, you're welcome for taking the heat off of you
), I feel compelled to address this one last time and explain my intentions, rather than continue to have them blown out of proportion.
First, I like what you did with the title there Brunk.
The point of Codine's promo was how Mikey sucked for losing to a girl. I'm saying that berating an opponent for losing to a girl is stupid in the context of e-wrestling, where female characters should have as much of a chance as male characters. I'm not the target audience, I'm writing and expressing my opinions as someone who wants to make e-wrestling as inclusive as possible. In that context, I judge the line upon which the promo is wrapped upon as weak.
Please point out to me the exact line in which Codine directly made fun of Massacre for losing to a girl. Truth be told, I had no clue they had a match and Mikey pointed it out in his counter roleplay. If anything, I discredited the federation as a whole based upon the fact that a female seemed to be their most dominate/notable wrestler. Would WWE, TNA, WCW, etc. be able to garner ratings, fans, etc. if a female was their most notable wrestler? From a heel standpoint, I discredited the competition of the federation from which he came and boasted of in his accomplishments. After all, the entire point of competition in roleplay is to discredit and/or counter your opponent's roleplays/points.
And quoted here is **** a publicly traded company should never, ever allow on the air!
Codine going after Mikey for losing to a girl is not a heel tactic, it was meant to delegitimize Mikey's quality as a wrestler in the context of a promo. Except what it really does is delegitimize female e-wrestling champions.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the WWF/WWE publicly aired segments in which women were humiliated, attacked, assaulted, etc.? I'm fairly certain that the majority of the male wrestlers on the other end received pushes, titles, etc. afterwards. Yet, somehow, within a promo (roleplay), Codine insinuates that a federation that has a female as their top wrestler during its tenure is weak....it makes for holding down the entire female population.
Just to provide a little background knowledge, when I first broke in to e-wrestling it was with the CSWA. My first program that I worked was with a female handler (Mark Vizzachero's girlfriend) and she helped push me along in the company, providing tips along the way (along with Erik Zieba). I have honestly never come across many female handlers during my time in e-wrestling, but I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't find any that would view me or my character in the picture that you're trying to paint.
Personally, I worked as a professional wrestler on the independent circuit along the east coast for about eight years (which contributed to my layoff from the e-wrestling world). During that time, I worked as both a face and heel. My most successful stint was as a champion in which I wrestled girls as a heel. I eventually lost my title to Mickey James (she wrestled as Alexis Laree at the time). Guess who wrote that script at the time....me, as I enjoyed the behind the scenes/writing aspect better than the actual performing. Therefore, I have no personal issues with females in organized sports.
Popular concensus /= truth.
Based upon those that have voiced their opinion in this thread, who exactly supports your opinion? The popular concensus seems to be interpreting the angle of the roleplays in the ways in which it was intended.
Overall, here's a quick summary....
1. Kendall Codine is a heel (always has been and you can check with those that know me for reference).
2. The progression of Codine throughout this tournament has been that he lacked confidence from the beginning after being away so long (also noted in the story type roleplays posted in the hype section), but as he progresses, he's starting to display more of the heel like qualities that he displayed during his peak as a wrestler.
3. I personally do not hate or dislike women. I have been married for six years and have a daughter. I also own a female boxer. Ultimately, I am surrounded by women (not as many as Jamar though
4. Codine never officially pointed out that Massacre lost to a girl (he did that first in his initial reply). Codine simply discredited the organizations from which he built his career in terms of success. Essentially, the entire point of roleplaying in general.
5. I would never discourage a female handler and/or female wrestler from competing in e-wrestling. In fact, I've invited my wife to pariticipate, but she thinks I'm a nerd.
6. I too have grievances when it comes to other characters in this tournament. For example, I think that it is weak to base a character's story upon the fact that they are supposedly the nephew of an actual wrestler. Furthermore, I think that it is proportionally impossible for a person to be 5'7", 195 lbs., yet be ripped and possibly mistaken as a bodybuilder (while somehow being a high-flying luchador at the same time). I am 5'7" and I can assure you that at any point in my life, if it hit the 195 lb. mark, I would be fat.
Ultimately, you are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that your interpretation of the roleplay is incorrect. There's nothing more that I can say on the topic and it most likely won't sway your opinion one way or another. I think it was summed up best with the following....
...Codine's a heel right?
...and Codine made comments that made you angry and not like him? Made him look smarmy and "weak" from your viewpoint, and made you want him to lose?
...k. I'm going to watch both Kills Bill and wash these 11 pages out of my mind now.
My job here is done.