Ok. Maybe if I do this, other people will feel more comfortable and will join in!
NOTE: This is the first time that I'm reading everyone's RPs. So forgive me if I don't quite catch the story if you've been building one up through the rounds.
vs. Jeff Andrews
- Obviously Melton wins. Not sure what happened to Andrews here.. pulls out a huge victory over Stevens and then disappeared. Apologized 8 days before RP deadline for not posting .. posted one or two things between then and deadline. Steve didn't even double-up.. so he had the opportunity.
vs. Spike Saunders
- Wow .. I forgot that Saunders had not only beaten Zero, but also Cobra, too. But, unfortunately, I wasn't thrilled with the RPs he posted this round. The 2nd RP, which Cruise hammered him on, was more chit-chat between Michael/Lexi.. and even though I LOL'ed at Saunders knocking Michael out "again," it didn't seem like an RP that should be for the Sweet Sixteen. Then, in trying to salvage things, Saunders' third RP acknowledged that the 2nd could be considered lacking. Cruise's RPs were fine. I mean, he kept pushing the whole height/weight thing doing moonsaults or whatnot .. which I think sorta lost its zip. Harping on one thing too long. BUT, I think Cruise pulls it out.
vs. Pete Whealdon
- First off, I absolutely hated
the Laura/spitting into mouth scene. I dunno. You put in that she didn't bite or fight, etc... but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't particularly fall in love with either side's 1st RPs. Whealdon's first, aside from the aforementioned scene, opened too slow for me .. I really enjoyed the middle .. but then hated the end. Orphan's first was just too long that I started blurring sentences together. Second RPs, Whealdon's once more went on setting up scenery.. but there was very little sentence fluctuation. Every sentence was short. It made things choppy. Like I was five years old. Learning how to read. Orphan hits back at his 2nd RP with a straight-to-the-point response that cut Whealdon down, imo. Third RPs from both were really good .. Whealdon had a better 3rd set, IMO .. this should be a fantastic match, so good luck to both.
vs. Castor Strife
- Anarky's third was boring. But his first two were great. Strife's second one had me scratching my head... and then just annoyed me. I did like the comparison of Anarky to a needy/stalker "Why Won't You Talk To Me?" ex-GF in his third as well as picking up on 'Nark's downplaying his talent.. I LOLed. I didn't bother reading the fourth, because it was a 3-RP max .. and f*ck that sh*t. There were glimpses of the Castor that I love in the third RP ... I just wish I saw him more in the first.
Sean Edmunds vs. Eli Flair
- Man, did Eli Flair suck or what? Just kidding.
vs. Kendall Codine
- This was actually a really tough choice for me. There were RPs from both that I really liked, and aspects from the RPs that I disliked. For Codine, I liked the 2nd RP the least. It degenerated into a point-by-point rebuttal it seemed like. For Kiyomori, the first RP was the weak-link. I think both third RPs were adequate, with Codine's probably leaving more of an impression.. BUT, overall, I felt like Kiyomori came out of this RP battle more successful.
- I loved Deacon's 2nd RP. BUT .. his first two RPs seemed more like idle chatter than relevant promos. The 2nd one felt like an interview on the radio .. but there was a lot of asides that I just felt were adding to length rather than to the match? Then we got to the third, which FINALLY feels like an honest-to-goodness tournament RP. I think Sagawa though gave two really well-thought out RPs that hit Deacon hard.. once again, another really hard to choose match .. but when I finished reading all the RPs ... I just felt like Sagawa did more w/ his 2 than the 3 from Deacon.
vs. Pat Gordon, Jr.
- I wish Harmon's first RP was more substantive. The first half of it could be chopped off and no one would even know... it could be put on any RP in the past or future and very few people would know that it was part of the UT2012. It's like "La, la, lah, lah, lah ..." .... Oh, we're halfway through the RP .. Congrats on beating Windham! "UT RP commence." PGjr comes out with a biting promo that just lets loose. No clutter, no filler. Straight up UT promo. But Harmon's second and third RPs seal the deal. Wish Ernie could have gotten onto the net more .. but the power outage killed him (and maybe Andrews, too) .. Harmon's 2nd RP fought back .. finally no artificial filler .. and then the third was also good .. but really, I think Harmon had this based on his 2nd RP.
... there we go. Now. YOU, yes, you reading this ... do your own.